Digitalization represents an established phenomenon in the society as a whole and especially in Marketing. However, most digital efforts and initiatives stem from the B2C sector: Search engines such as Google have triggered sophisticated SEO and SEA practices, social networks such as Facebook have paved the way for Word of Mouth and Viral Marketing campaigns, and online retailers such as Amazon have shaped industry-shaking trends towards ever more e-commerce. On the other hand, the B2B sector has been widely neglected by digitalization practitioners as well as scholars so far. Although buzz words such as “Industry 4.0” or “3D Printing” may sound familiar to many, only few actually understand their true implications for existing business models and B2B marketing practice.
Possible research questions to be answered in this seminar may include:
- What is the role of incubators in B2B business model innovation?
- Which drivers facilitate or impede the establishment of additive manufacturing technologies (3D Printing)?
- How can OEMs sell their products directly via new e-commerce platforms without losing the support of stationary dealers and service partners?
- Is social media marketing useful in B2B environments or is it a mere B2C or C2C concern?
- What is at the bottom of the buzz word “Industry 4.0” from a scientific perspective