Degree programmes administered by the English Department:
- Teaching qualification for grammar schools, comprehensive schools and vocational schools ("Lehramt an Gymnasien, Gesamtschulen und an Berufskollegs, GHR mit beiden Schwerpunkten"), in the subject of English, according to the regulations ("LPO") of 2003 (phasing out; no new admissions; new admissions will instead be studying in B.A. and M.Ed. programs)
- Bachelor in 2 subjects ("2-Fach-BA"), subject "English and American Studies" ("Fach Anglistik/Amerikanistik")
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) laying the foundations for a teaching qualification for primary ("BA G") or secondary schools ("BA HRSGe"), subject "English"
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) leading towards a teaching qualification for grammar schools ("GymGes"), other secondary and comprehensive schools ("HRSGe"), vocational schools ("BK") or primary schools ("G")
- Master of Arts : British, American and Postcolonial Studies
- Master of Arts : National and Transnational Studies: Literature, Culture, Language
For further information on these programmes, please see the English Department's website, or contact the Department's Student Advisory Service (whose contact details can also be found on the Department's website).